- Who We Are and How to Contact Us?
- What Kinds of Personal Information About You Do We Process?
- Personal Information That We May Process in Connection With All Our Products and Services
- What is the Source of Your Personal Information?
- What Are the Purposes and Legal Grounds for Our Processing of Your Personal Information (Including When We Share It With Others)?
- Is Your Personal Information Transferred Outside?
- What Should You Do if Your Personal Information Changes?
- Do You Have to Provide Your Personal Information to Us?
- Do We Do Any Monitoring Involving Processing of Your Personal Information?
- For How Long is Your Personal Information Retained by Us?
- What Are Your Rights Under Data Protection Laws?
- Data Anonymization and Use of Aggregated Information
- Data Privacy Notices From Other Organizations
2. Who We Are and How to Contact Us?
Sologenic ("Sologenic" or "we") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. We provide this Privacy Notice to inform you of our privacy procedures and practices, including what personal information we collect about you, how we obtain your personal information, and how we use your personal information. "Personal information" means information that is about you or from which we can identify you.
Sologenic shall protect the personal information that you provide in compliance with our Data Privacy Policies, which are in line with applicable Data Privacy Laws ("Laws") and their implementing rules and regulations. We are the data controller of this information under the Laws and other relevant data protection regulations because in the context of our business relationship with you, we decide how and why your personal information is processed in the ways explained in this Privacy Notice. When we use terms such as "we," "us," and "our" in this Privacy Notice, we mean Sologenic.com.
We may be required to update or change the Privacy Notice from time to time. We will upload an updated Privacy Notice on our website. If there are any significant changes to the Privacy Notice (e.g., if we decide to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected), we will notify you by email.
3. What Kinds of Personal Information About You Do We Process?
This will depend on the products or services you apply for and (if your application is successful) obtain from us. We set out below the personal information that we generally process in connection with all our products and services, followed by the personal information that we generally process in connection with specific products and services.
4. Personal Information That We May Process in Connection With All Our Products and Services
- Your full name, signature, and contact details, including your email address, home and mobile telephone numbers, and fax number.
- Your address details, including your home address, correspondence address (if different from your home address), and address history.
- Your date of birth and/or age to ensure eligibility for our products and services.
- Your nationality, residency details, and any other citizenships necessary for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Your government identification number and identification documents, including document type, number, country of issue, and expiry date.
- Records of your communications with us, including mobile phone location data, IP address, MAC address, and other relevant details if you contact us online.
- Details of your marital status, dependents, beneficiaries, beneficial owners, representatives, indemnifiers, tax status, sources of income and funds, assets and liabilities, and politically exposed person status.
- Details of your employment, including occupation, salary, employer, and length of service.
- Details of your products and services with us, including application information, account numbers, balances, transaction history, online banking details, complaints, and other relevant details.
- Security identifiers, such as mother's maiden name.
To comply with our legal obligations, we may be required to share your personal information with regulatory bodies governing the jurisdiction, such as the relevant authorities in the United Arab Emirates.
5. What is the Source of Your Personal Information?
We generally collect your personal information directly from you. If you are introduced to us by an approved intermediary, we may obtain some personal information about you indirectly from them when they introduce you to us.
In addition, we may obtain your personal information from other sources such as fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies, your employer, publicly available directories and information, and other relevant sources. Some of your personal information may also come from other members of our organization if you already have a product with them.
6. What Are the Purposes and Legal Grounds for Our Processing of Your Personal Information (Including When We Share It With Others)?
Certain Laws require us to explain the legal grounds that justify our processing of your personal information, including when we share it with other organizations. Here are the legal grounds that are relevant to us in accordance with applicable Laws:
Processing is necessary to perform our contract with you or for taking steps prior to entering into it for the purpose of:
- Administering and managing your account(s) and related services.
- Sharing your personal information with other service providers as necessary.
- Processing necessary for our legitimate interests, including:
- Administering and managing your account(s) and services.
- Testing the performance of our products, services, and internal processes.
- Adhering to guidance and best practices under regulatory bodies.
- Managing and auditing our business operations.
- Carrying out searches at Credit Reference Agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- Monitoring, record-keeping, and good governance.
- Sharing information with relevant parties as necessary.
- Processing necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including:
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishing, defending, and enforcing legal rights.
- Activities relating to the prevention, detection, and investigation of crime.
- Identity checks, anti-money laundering checks, and fraud prevention measures.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and reporting obligations.
- Processing information about a crime or offence and related proceedings.
- Sharing information with relevant parties as required by law.
- Processing with your consent, including:
- Sharing your personal information with third parties upon your request.
- Personalizing marketing messages and communications.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for future processing at any time, except where the personal data is required for our business operations related to the provision of products and services. Please contact us using the details provided below to withdraw your consent.
7. Is Your Personal Information Transferred Outside?
Sometimes, your personal information may be transferred outside of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, or the country from which you access our services. We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before transferring your personal information to territories that may not have adequate protection under the laws that apply to us.
8. What Should You Do if Your Personal Information Changes?
Please inform us without delay if your personal information changes so that we can update our records. If you were introduced to us by a broker or other intermediary who is a data controller in its own right, please contact them separately. In some cases where you exercise your rights under the Laws, we may need to inform the broker or intermediary.
9. Do You Have to Provide Your Personal Information to Us?
We require your personal information to provide you with our products and services or to process your application. Your personal information is necessary for the relevant contract, for compliance with legal obligations, or for our legitimate interests. If we already hold some of the personal information we need, we may not need to collect it again when you make an application.
10. Do We Do Any Monitoring Involving Processing of Your Personal Information?
We may monitor your communications where permitted by law and when required for regulatory compliance, crime prevention, security purposes, quality control, and staff training. This may include recording calls or in-person meetings for record-keeping and verification purposes.
11. For How Long is Your Personal Information Retained by Us?
We will retain your personal information as long as necessary to respond to your queries, improve our services, respond to legal claims, or comply with legal and regulatory requirements. The retention period will be determined based on various factors, including the nature of the information and applicable requirements.
12. What Are Your Rights Under Data Protection Laws?
Under applicable Laws, you may have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to access and obtain information about how we process your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected or completed.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased or blocked.
- The right to restrict or limit the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to automated decision-making.
- The right to withdraw your consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details provided below. We may require further information from you to process your request.
13. Data Anonymization and Use of Aggregated Information
We may convert your personal information into statistical or aggregated data that cannot be used to identify you. This aggregated data may be used for statistical research, reports, and other lawful purposes.
14. Data Privacy Notices From Other Organizations
We may share your personal information with fraud prevention agencies and credit reference agencies. These agencies have their own data privacy notices that explain how they use your personal information. Please refer to their notices for more information.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at:
Core Tech Lab DMCC
Unit BA24, Business Centre, Level No 1,
Jewellery & Gemplex 3, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Email: [email protected]